Friday, April 5, 2013

Conversations I Never Thought I'd Have

I am generally a very private person. Since starting this trying to conceive adventure there are many things that I've been talking about that I NEVER thought I would talk about. For example: sperm, another woman's menstrual cycle, the frequency in which someone urinates. It's all fascinating, really. 

Me with our sweet niece, Hannah
I imagine this will be the first of several posts like this in the future. For now, here are a few funny examples.

Last weekend we were riding to my aunt's house for Easter and we were talking about how excited we were to see our niece, Hannah, who is just about 3 months old. I looked at Ali and said "We haven't seen Hannah since before you last ovulated." Yup, time is now literally revolving around my wife's cycle. Too funny.

Yesterday I received an e-mail at work from my mom that said simply, "Any ovulation happening?" It could be possible she's obsessed with grand-babies ...but can you blame her, look how cute Hannah is!

I had the following conversation with Ali today by text message when she was on her way home from work.

Me: Do you want to go on an adventure.
Ali: Yes!!
Me: Great, do you need to pee first?
Ali: No, I can't pee until 6:30, will we be back by then?
Me: I'll pack supplies just in case.

Yes, we are back into the habit of timing when she pees so we can use the ovulation predictor kits. She has to test twice a day, about the same time every day, and it has to be at least 4 hours since you've last gone. It makes for a tricky day sometimes. But it'll be worth it soon enough!


No comments:

Post a Comment