Thursday, April 4, 2013

What Story Will We Tell?

We start ovulation testing today. Which means, because of my wife's varying cycle lengths, that we are anywhere between a few days and two weeks away from our first IUI appointment. I've been following lots of lesbian mommy blogs for months now and I have heard many different stories.

I have read about women getting pregnant right away.

I have read about a woman trying 7 times, and then deciding for her wife to try, and her getting pregnant the first time.

I have heard about a couple trying to get pregnant 30+ times with known and unknown donors, and still not having a baby.

But those are their stories to tell. On the brink of this new adventure I wonder what story we will tell. Will this blog turn into a tale of the agony of trying and waiting and testing and waiting and testing and trying over and over again? Or will it quickly turn from a trying to conceive blog to an expecting blog?

Obviously, I have no idea. But the thought that we could find out that we are pregnant in a few weeks is pretty incredible. I know, I know, I won't get my hopes up. I'm practicing patience both for the next few weeks, and the two weeks after that, and longer and longer until we have a tiny human in our arms.

I just hope it's not too long from now ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment