Wednesday, August 14, 2013

2 More Tries

We are now the proud owners of two more vials of swimmers. Before last weeks official confirmation that we were not pregnant we decided that if we made a plan we might feel better about what happened next, (since we were out of sperm.) So we decided that we would go ahead and buy more.  We had enough saved for exactly 2 vials plus shipping ($1500). It is important to both of us that we keep paying cash for baby making expenses. We are working hard to pay down debt so we can buy a house some day soon, and not have to worry about all of that haunting us forever. So we spent our savings on exactly 1ml of little sperm.

We decided to keep the same donor, at least for the next two rounds. The first and the third insemination the nurse and PA both commented about how good the specimen looked (they always check them under a microscope.) So we figured it probably isn't their fault that we weren't pregnant yet. Plus, we really liked his profile....so we'll give him a couple more shots.

We start ovulation testing again next Tuesday, with our earliest likely appointment being Thursday. Our swimmers should be in Boston on Tuesday. We had talked briefly about taking a hiatus in August to relax from the emotional ickiness of all of this, but in the end we'd rather be waiting with a purpose. We are on a roll now, we've got any possible mishaps out of the way....Let's make a baby.

2 comments:

  1. OMG. I had NO IDEA you had a personal blog!!!!!! I am so glad you suggested I stalk you. And I'm in tears (happy ones, obv) since you're trying to conceive. I want to spread my crazy amount of fertility mojo ALL OVER YOU. I'm sending it over the Interwebs, so hopefully it will reach you and this next try will be a good one. :) And now I have you on my feedly so all of your posts are going to be read by me. Yay for stalking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Onward and upward, Lovejoys!!! I'm in your cheering section!

    ReplyDelete