Thursday, November 8, 2012

Legal Marriage



For those of you who haven't heard, election night was a huge success for this country and for gay and lesbian couples in Maine. We watched the election results come in with friends and celebrated the fact that our marriage, and the marriage of so many others, could be legal in our home state. 

After coming home on election night we were a excited and were reading all sorts of updates on Facebook. One of my friends had reposted  as message that said "I have a CNN reporter that is looking for gay and lesbians for a CNN story on Gay Marriage passing, anyone interested?" Of course I was interested. So I sent the guy an e-mail, which he quickly replied to asking for my phone number. Shortly after 2am, just as I climbed into bed I got a call from the guy at CNN asking if I was going to be up for a while or if we should do the interview now. I explained that it was 2am, and I would prefer to do the interview right away.

Anyway! Here is the story that came out of that interview. It's a little bit off in some places but overall accurate. How cool is it that we on CNN.com??

Read my post election response on CNN.com! 

No comments:

Post a Comment